MLAG is a research group of the Institute of Philosophy at the University of Porto. We are organizing our 3rd Graduate Conference, which will take place in Porto on April 10-12, 2019. The submission deadline is December 15.
- Clayton Littlejohn (King’s College London)
- Nuno Venturinha (New University of Lisbon)
- Sofia Miguens (University of Porto)
We invite submissions from graduate students and early career researchers (those who have had their PhD awarded within the last three years) working in analytic philosophy (broadly construed) on topics in the areas of epistemology, philosophy of mind, philosophy of language, or philosophy of action. Papers will be subjected to double-blind review. Those accepted are expected to give a 30 minute presentation, which will be followed by a commentary by either another participant or a faculty member, and a time for open discussion. Philosophers from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to submit!
- Papers should be written in English, not exceed 4000 words (including footnotes, excluding title, abstract and references), include an abstract of no more than 250 words, and be prepared for blind review (removing any identifying information).
- Submission should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com in PDF format. In the body of the e-mail the following information should be included: author’s name, institutional affiliation, paper title, field of research.
- Authors must indicate if they are willing to participate as commentators, and in which areas of philosophy.
- Notification of acceptance: February 15, 2019.
The conference is free of charge and open to anyone, but registration allows us to keep track of the number of participants and ensure the availability of materials. Thus, if you plan to attend, please register here.
All further questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mind, Language, and Action Group
- Institute of Philosophy
- Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology
- Portuguese Society for Analytic Philosophy
- Universidade do Porto/Santander Universidades