Venue: Faculdade de Letras da Universidade do Porto (Address: Via Panorâmica, s/n, 4150-564 Porto, Portugal)
How to go from the airport to the venue:
- By metro: Take the metro at the airport and get off at Casa da Música. The trip takes around 30 minutes. Once you get to Casa da Música, the venue is within a 15 minute walking distance.
- By taxi/Uber: The trip from the airport should cost €20-25 (probably €15-20 with an Uber). Give the driver the address of the venue (Faculdade de Letras da Universidade do Porto – Via Panorâmica, s/n – 4150-564. Porto).
- Shuttle: Goin’Porto is a low cost road transport service that connects several areas of the city center to the airport. The ticket should be purchased online.
Travel within Porto:
- If you intend to use public transportation in Porto, you can use Google Maps or the Moovit app to plan your trips. You can also use the official websites of STCP (bus) and Metro do Porto.
- For public transportation in and around Porto, there is a single card, called Andante, that you can charge in automated vending machines located in all metro stops. Types of trips are based on zones. To go around most of the city you only need z2. From the airport to the center you need z4. Once you buy trips of a certain type on your card, you can only switch the type of your card after you use all of them. You can always add one temporary trip of a type different from your card type (that’s called clickZ). If you buy your ticket at the airport, you can buy one z4 trip and then change the type after you’re in the center, or you can buy z2 trips (to have for later) and then add a z4 clickZ trip to go to the center. Complicated system, we know You can find a bit more information about it here.
- You can also use Uber or regular taxis, both are fairly cheap.
For any further information, please contact the conference organisers at email@example.com.